It all started with Musical.ly on April 2014 when first prototype was launched at shanghai office. The app provided a platform to create and share short lip-sync videos. The thought was users could make 15-second to 1-minute lip-matching up music recordings and pick sound tracks to go with them. Application likewise has diverse speed choices (time-pass, quick, typical, slow movement, and epic) and include pre-set channels and impacts. The application additionally enabled clients to peruse mainstream, content, slanting tunes, sounds and hashtags, and extraordinarily communicate with their fans. The underlying thought of application was to make training informal organization application where clients could both educate and learn various subjects through short-structure recordings. But later they shift the focus to entertainment industry since the initial ideas did not bring enough interest among people. And once they launched the app where a short audio could be combined to live video, the idea brought lot of interest among common mass.
By June 2016, Musical.ly had over 90 million registered users which reached over 200 million users by the end of May 2017.
ByteDance Ltd. acquired Musical.ly Inc. on November 9, 2017, and merged it into TikTok on August 2, 2018.
Some of the facts about Tiktok
- First chinese app to achieve: Most downloaded app in the US in October 2018
- Available over 150 markets and in 75 languages.
- 7th most downloaded mobile app of the decade, from 2010 to 2019
- On 23 January 2018, the TikTok app ranked #1 among free mobile app downloads on app stores in Thailand and other countries
- TikTok uses artificial intelligence to analyse users’ interests and preferences through their interactions with the content, and display a personalized content feed to each user
- Recently Bollywood entered in tiktok with the moview Bala
Most followed Tiktok accounts in India
- Aashika Bhatia
- Avneet Kaur
- Heer Naik
- Manjul Khattar
- Disha Madan
- Ahsaas Channa
- Nagma Mirajkar
- Awez Darbar
- Manav Chabbra
- Rishabh Puri
You can also get the list of top tiktok followed account.
Ways to Post in Tiktok
- Post Videos: The videos uploaded should have aspect ratio of 1080 x 1920 through tiktok app
- Descriptions: Add a descriptions post uploading a video. this is also known as meta data.
- Hashtags: this helps to categorize your app so that it is easier to reach target audience.
- Inbuilt Tools:
- live.ly: through this tool you can go live in tiktok app. You can also have live Q & A sessions with your followers
- Duet: you can choose a lucky fan and do duet videos with him/her.
- Select your Category:
Once you upload your video, then you can share same in other social network platforms.
As we go with Internet-based trend , the most common question comes these days with TikTok: can you make money with TikTok? The answer is that yes, you definitely can. Though TikTok is not built specifically for monetization and providing incomes to creators. The app is too commercial-friendly, and it is possible to earn a good amount by creating videos using tiktok platform.
In this article, I will discuss the basic ways in which one can make money on TikTok. Please note that there is no “thumb-rule” . There isn’t any secret formula that earn you in millions but its purely your creativity and organic method to increase followers .
4 ways you can earn money through TikTok
- Influencer: An Influencer is a a person who has the ability to influence crowd to buy a product or service by promoting or recommending the items on social media. It is not a cup of tea to be an influencer for everyone. Unless you are a celebrity like Sachin Tendulkar. It takes lot of time and effort to get actual followers. Though there inorganic ways to get fake followers. But that does not last long. Influencer means people love to see you, love to listen you and may follow you Blindly. There are lot of example of an influencer:
- A Celebrity can be an Influencer.
- A Movie Reviewer
- Travel blogger
- A foodie
The list does not ends here. But what if you are an influencer! You can earn a lot by recommending products, services e.t.c. And there opinion/recommendation have values. You don’t listen to your tiktok friend because he/she has a cool website or because your other friends told you she was great but you listen to him/her because you feel he/she has really good taste, and so when he/she recommends an album or an artist you know it will be good. He/She is saving your time and money every time she opens her mouth, and that is why you pay attention to him/her. All you need to do is recommend products and services that you think is genuine as well are good. Those brands, stores, artists, or whomever will compensate you for promoting their products or service. But before this you need to have a genuinely large and engaged audience. But with a real influencer presence, you can easily earn thousands or tens of thousands of dollars at a shot for boosting someone else’s product.
But You need to be very careful while promoting a product or service. A bad brand can ruin your all effort and ultimately followers will start hating you and start unfollowing you.
- Live Streaming: Live streaming can be a live musical performance (which can including both lip-syncing or live) or live interaction with your followers. Live streaming on TikTok used to happen via the live.ly URL but has been moved to musical.ly. Exchange rates vary with time, but the actual system is very simple: TikTok users can buy “coins” using actual money via in-app purchases. They can then use their coins and give tip to TikTok creators. In other words giving them a small token amount of real money as a thank-you for creating some good live content. TikTok passes 80% of the value of the tip on to the person doing the live stream. Although the coins are not real money but an alternative forms of digital gifts.
- PROMOTING / SELLING : This is probably a simple way for most people to make money via TikTok, even without having a huge following or becoming an influencer. Its an absolutely free way to promote your business. But please note it should be a legal business or service.
Example: You are a fitness trainer. You share videos of every training you provide. Showing fitness journey of trainees you trained. In this way you are promoting yourself.
So In this way you can advertise any business that translates well to video. By uploading a video which is funny, creative, or musically great, you’ll attract attention – and then you can have a few frames at the end pitching your product or service.
- TikTok Ads: Tik tok is currently testing ads.
I will add more on this.
Hope you get a good idea how to earn money through TikTok. Please do analyse your business and start creating videos.